Stormin 4 Norman
WHAT IS ALS??
- Strap 25 pounds to your forearm. Now, adjust your rearview mirror.....That’s ALS
- Pick up a 10-pound weight. Imagine it’s your fork and move it from your plate to your mouth repeatedly without shaking......That's ALS
- Strap weights to your ankles and climb a flight of stairs, taking two at a time......That’s ALS (on a good day!)
- Borrow a wheelchair and try to maneuver quickly through the aisles at Target, without speaking. Note the way people react to you.....That's ALS
- Put two large marshmallows in your mouth and have a conversation with your friends, repeating yourself until they understand you.....That's ALS
- Download a “text-to-speech” app on your smartphone, iPad or tablet. Use it exclusively (no speaking!) to communicate for just one day....That's ALS
- Using none of your own muscles, have your spouse/child/friend get you dressed and brush your teeth. Write down some of the feelings you have being cared for in this way.....That's ALS
- Sit in a chair for just 15 minutes moving nothing but your eyes. Nothing. No speaking, no scratching your nose, no shifting your weight, no changing the channel on the television, no computer work. Only your eyes.....That's ALS
If you've tried just one of these above things, take a moment to consider that there are many more miles to go before a cure is found. Please join the Stormin 4 Norman family in what's become one of our favorite traditions as we walk for Norm and to defeat ALS. Please do anything you can; make a donation on the team's behalf or better yet COME WALK WITH US!!
|Denotes a Team Captain|