New York City Walk
You choose where to Walk!
Walk Check-in: 10:30 AM
Walk Start: 11:00 AM
Message from your Coordinator
This season we are happy to offer WALK YOUR WAY New York City- choose any of our in-person locations or "Walk from Home" on Saturday, September 25th. In working with our venues and abiding by CDC, state, and local guidelines we are committed to letting people walk where and when they are most comfortable.
Your participation in The Walk to Defeat ALS fuels our search for effective treatments and a cure while offering care services for people living with ALS and their families. With that in mind, here is everything you need to know about the 2021 Walk to Defeat ALS event:
At the in person walk locations water and light snacks will be provided. Feel free to bring your own snacks or picnic for your team to enjoy.
For questions please reach out to Meg Emery, Senior Manager of Fundraising and Special Events at 212-720-3049 or email@example.com.
Thank you for your commitment to do whatever it takes to defeat ALS!
Fundraising Week Challenge
May is ALS Awareness Month, which means that Fundraising Week is here! There are lots of great prizes to win, so keep reading.
Challenges begin at 9am on Monday the 10th, and will end at 5pm on Sunday the 16th.
FUNDRAISING WEEK CHALLENGES
- Most funds raised by a whole Team - the Team Captain wins a Social Media post highlighting their walk team & a $50 Amazon gift card.
- Most funds raised by a Walker - wins a Social Media post highlighting why you walk & a $50 Amazon gift card.
- Start a Facebook fundraiser through your Participant Center - one walk participant wins a Walk to Defeat ALS Tote and sunglasses.
- Team that recruits the most team members - the Team Captain wins a Social Media post highlighting their walk team & a VIP Walk in a box.
- Make a self-donation - one walk participant wins a VIP Walk in a box.
- Personalize your fundraising page - one walk participant wins a Walk to Defeat ALS Tote & sunglasses.
Your go-to guide for everything Walk related. It contains interesting ideas, helpful tips, and chapter contact information.
My Walk Supporters Pledge Sheet
Print this worksheet out and keep track of your donations!
Are you mailing your donations to The ALS Association before the Walk? Help them out and fill out a deposit slip!
Fundraising tools at your fingertips
We've Gone Mobile!
Your fundraising has gone mobile thanks to the Walk to Defeat ALS mobile & tablet app. Now you can fundraise on the go by sending emails, monitoring your fundraising progress and updating your page.
Only participants who've raised $100 will get a t-shirt. This benefit is awarded to individuals, not teams or donors, so make sure the donations to your personal fundraising record add up!
In addition to working toward one for yourself, you should spread the word to encourage your friends, family, and coworkers to earn their very own shirt.
Make sure you become of a fan of our Chapter on Facebook to receive information about fundraising contests, shout outs to outstanding teams and walkers, and important Walk Day details!